Spooky Spider Halloween Hot Dogs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Unroll crescent dough. Pinch or press the perforation between the triangles to get 4 rectangular pieces. Cut rectangles in half lengthwise so you have 8 narrow strips.
- Make a 2-inch slice through the center of one end of a hot dog. Cut two more 2-inch slices on either side of that, so that the ‘legs’ are about the same thickness. Repeat on the other end. Cut ‘legs’ into the remaining hot dogs.
- Roll a crescent strip around the center of each dog. Place spider dogs on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 11 minutes. Dip a chopstick into some ketchup and dot ‘eyes’ onto each spider. Serve with remaining ketchup.
Meatless Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and stir in yellow rice mix and olive oil; boil for 1 minute. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed about 25 minutes.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons yellow rice into the bottom of each pepper. Cover rice with layers of refried beans, corn, and black olives, filling peppers almost to the top. Spoon salsa into peppers. Stand stuffed peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender and filling is hot about 30 minutes. Divide Mexican cheese blend over the peppers, return to oven, and bake until cheese has melted about 5 more minutes.